If you have been convicted of any of the offenses listed below, you previously may have been eligible for the Hofsheier Appeal. Unfortunately, due to recent changes to CA law, the appeal is no longer an option. Contact us to find out what your options are to terminate your requirement to register as a sex offender.
- 286(b)(1): Sodomy with A Person Under 18 Years of Age
- 286(b)(2): Sodomy with A Person Under 16 Years of Age
- 288a(b)(1): Oral Copulation with Minor Under 18 Years of Age
- 288a(b)(2): Oral Copulation with Minor Under 16 Years of Age
- 289(h): Sexual Penetration with Foreign Object Victim Under 18 Years of Age
- 289(i): Sexual Penetration with Foreign Object Victim Under 16 Years of Age
Services You May Be Eligible for if you were convicted of any of the offenses above.
- Certificate of Rehabilitation – Once a certificate of rehabilitation is awarded by the court, it will terminate the lifetime registration requirement for specific convictions for sex offenses. For information, read here.
Hofsheier Appeal – If you were convicted of a felony and sentenced to state prison or served in state prison for the above offenses, you may be able to petition to have your registration requirement terminated. For information, read here.
- Megan’s Law Website Removal – Some individuals who are required to register as sex offenders may be eligible to have their information removed from the Megan’s Law website. Your personal information will no longer be on the website.
Contact the Law Firm of Higbee & Associates to have an experienced attorney discuss your options at terminating your registration requirement through a Certificate of Rehabilitation or removing your information from the Megan’s Law Website.